Friday, December 19, 2008

A starbucks is still there

It's been a while since I heard that a lot of starbucks caffee shops will be closed soon. The economy is slipping into a recession and there's more unemployment. Since I came here in this small town in MA, I've noticed a starbucks near my place. Everytime I drive by the shop, I feel relieved to see it :)

If the place is closed, where will the neighbors go? Maybe, Dunkin' donuts... Starbucks to Dunkin' donuts? Basically, it the same: you drink coffee and have some thing sweet. But the atmosphere can be different!

I remember when I was in college in a mid-western state, the school newspaper said "There's no city life in our town? Don't be so sad. We will have a Starbucks in our campus soon!" Now that a recession comes, I wonder if the Starbucks in the college is still there or not.

No comments: