Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CA is a wonderland

I am now a freelance worker in IT field. It's good and bad. I can't afford a full health insurance benefit, I can not afford 401k.. If I want I can extend my health insurance from the previous company. Yes, I still have several weeks to make my decision. I am so far O.K., I am healthy and young enough!

The good thing is that I finally give it a serious thought about moving to California. Why CA? People may say it's crowded, lots of crimes, getting dirty, living costs are expensive.... OK, OK, those are how they look the cities in CA. For me, those are the result. Those are the result on how much CA has been loved by people.

Let's think it this way. Are you interested in living near the beach? Yes. Many people are interested in living near the bearch. Now lets look on the U.S. map. Where are the beaches? Everywhere? No. Beaches are only on the West, East, and South coasts. This country is big. It's too big to have a lot of beaches... It's an irony that the bigger the country, the smaller the beaches :-P Hahaha... So, if we want to live by the beach, you need to go either West end, East end or South end. There's no beaches BETWEEN coasts. There are just boring and endless plains and plains everywhere.

Then think about this. Are you interested in skiing, hiking, climbing mountains, enjoy hot springs, having scenic drive, time after time. Yes, yes. Now, where can you do that? Let's see... you need to go to Colorado to do skiing, scenic view are somewhere in New England, or smoky mountains are in North Calorina... O.K. But how about living in CA? You can get everything in one moving! Ha!

Next, Are you interested in warm weather? Yes. I am tired of cold, hard, dark winter. So, where is the nice and warm place? Texas... too hot. Florida.... good. California... good, good. Even in CA, northern part is not quite warm in winter.

Lastly, the job opportunity. As a Japanese person living in the U.S. many years, the best places to find a job is either NY or CA. That's mainly because there are the biggest japanese communities out there.

So, naturally, the conclusion is - southern CA.

No comments: