Friday, December 19, 2008

Halibut Point State Park - Rockport

I visited this park on Thanksgiving day holidays this year. It was not so cold yet and I enjoyed walking around the park.

As people say, most beaches in MA are always crowded. My landlady is a native of MA, and she often brought me to beaches. The problem is, she can not find a place to park. "When I was young, this place was not this crowded...." She keeps saying so. Anyway, I do not like to circling around to find a place to park. So, I stay away from neighboring beaches.

I could find a place to park probably because the beach is a little too far from downtown Boston. I walked to the pond and looked down the water from the view point. The place was about 10 yards high from the water. The wall of the pond was almost vertical from the surface, making the scene so unique. That's because the pond used to be a granite quarry.

It was a nice short trip in a day.

No comments: